If you practice any sport, surely you have found people who take protein, and perhaps you may have questions such as: Does it hurt? Are they steroids? Can I take it?
We invite you to learn more about this food supplement and the benefits it has for you.
What is whey protein?
During the production of the cheese, there is a liquid that separates from the curds; this is the whey. This liquid is processed and subjected to a concentration treatment where lactose and fat are reduced.
Once processed, a protein powder is obtained, which, according to its final concentration, is called WPC (Whey Protein Concentrate), WPI (Whey Protein Isolate), and WPH (Whey Protein Hydrolyzate). What is the difference between each one?
WPC: The protein concentration can go from 29% to 89%, containing a certain amount of fats and carbs.
WPI: The whey goes through longer filtering and microfiltration; in this way, lactose, fats, and most of the carbs are removed (There is no protein without carbs, less than 1% is the lowest you can get), having a much purer biotech whey protein and with a concentration of 90% to 94%.
WPH: It goes through an additional process that is hydrolysis; this allows one to obtain a predigested protein, easily digestible and quickly absorbed. It turns out to be more expensive due to the processes by which it has to be submitted.
What benefits of consuming whey protein?
- It contains a complete amino acid profile and is an excellent source of protein to supplement your diet or exercise routine.
- It is rich in Branched Chain Amino Acids (BCAAs), so it helps prevent the loss of muscle mass.
- Supports muscle growth
- Excellent to include in your diet as it has a satiating effect
- You can include it in the preparation of certain foods to increase the nutritional value
- Increase caloric expenditure by having foods rich in protein
- It helps control blood glucose
- It is a practical and fast way to cover your daily dietary requirements
We invite you to discover our 100% Whey WPC 80 protein that provides:
- 24.86 grams of protein powder per serving
- 5.4 grams of naturally occurring branched-chain amino acids (BCAAs) from protein per serving
- 1.82 grams of carbs (vanilla flavor) and 2.83 grams of carbs (chocolate flavor)
- Easy to digest because it is low in lactose and contains digestive enzymes
- Excellent flavor using high-quality natural and artificial vanilla
- It has a positive consultation of Cofepris as a nutritional supplement